October's Interior of the month is this stunning Swedish apartment, by Fantastic Frank which is less then 500q feet! It's a prime example of how good design can transform a space, not matter how small. At first glance you might think that you are looking a a grand house, with the large windows and the lovely original shutters, but other then these original features it's all down to clever design tricks to make the space both functional and feel so spacious.
The uniform colour palette is one of the key components making this space feel bigger then it is. Shades of light grey make a feature of the lovely high skirting and stopping the wall colour short if the ceiling enhances the ceiling height. Keeping the deep built-in niche shelves the same colour as the walls make the space more streamline which again creates a feeling of space. The cool gray walls and cabinetry are juxtaposed with the warm, golden browns of the wide-plank oak floors, classic blonde Scandinavian furnishings and golden-hued art.
Scroll down to get the look!
photography credit: Fantastic Frank
Get the look...
1. Linen cushion from Simone Olivia | £45
2. Yellow knot cushion from Nunido | £76
3. TON 811 replica Cane armchair from Swivel UK | £522
4. Desk from Made.com | £279
5. Mantis black Wall light from Nunido | £
6. Brass wall light from House Doctor | £150
7. IC S1 Ceiling light by Flos from Conran | £288
8. Grey day bed from Maisons Du Monde | £344
9. Rug from Heals | £319
10. Taccia Table Lamp Anodised Bronze from Conran | £616
11. Portobello Grey No. 20 Skirting Paint by Designers Guild | £44 per 2.5L
12. Wimborne White by Farrow and Ball | £43.50 per 2.5L
13. 'Sands' Art by Simone Olivia | £150